The Melbourne Psychiatry Centre now offers the facility of connecting people to expert mental health professionals through teleconferencing.
This facility will help people who are unable to travel or live at long distance from the centre. Telehealth consultations at The Melbourne Psychiatry centre are
- Quick and easy to setup
- Allow clients to access professionals anywhere on any device.
- Secure with end-to-end encryption
- Private consultations with no video data stored
What you need:
- A referral from a GP
- Access to a computer, tablet/iPad or smart phone with a reliable internet connection
Important Tips for your telehealth appointment
- A quiet, private well-lit room is best. For your privacy, we recommend that you do not access telehealth in public areas or use unsecured wi-fi
- Dress as you would when attending a face-to-face consultation
- Have a pen and paper available in case you need to write anything down during your appointments. All telehealth appointments are private, confidential and meet the same clinical standards as face to face appointments at The Melbourne Psychiatry Centre.
Please note: Temporary changes to Medicare mean that people who undergo self- isolation or quarantine, and are vulnerable to the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the community can access bulk billing telehealth services.
If you would like to know more about our service or if your GP has questions for our team, please contact us at the centre.